Thursday, April 19, 2007

Saddle Fitness

Cyclist are a wierd bunch with their own subculture. they have strange terms and get excited over large thighs and carbon fibre seat posts. Anyway I learned some new cycling lingo I can sprout down at Barrets to impress all the other poser wannabe cyclists there on saturday mornings.
Over coffee with my mate Brett (mad keen cyclist) today I was complaining about my sore ass (somehow we end up talking about our asses a lot) from riding to work yesterday. He brought to my attention the term "saddle fitness". basically how thick and desensitised the skin on your bum is where it contacts the seat of you bike. I'm getting disturbing images of big calluses on my butt to the extent where I can start sanding down my outdoor furniture (which could be handy).
overall the ride to work was good. I'm finally getting some exercise and reducing my carbon footprint, also managed to push down the per usage cost of my bike to under $500!

No comments: