Sunday, September 16, 2007

Walking the wheelie bin

last week my green waste wheelie bin filled up due to all the weeding I've been doing in the back yard (no not THAT kind of weed). There still another weeks wait to have it emptied and I've still got half the block to do. I had this brilliant brainstorm to sneak over to my mother-in-law's place and 'swap' bins without anyone being any the wiser. It's only a 1km walk. easy. so easy that I decided to take alonger scenic route to get in some more exercise. It's a pretty good work out, towing 100kg of garbage for 1.5kms.
The problem is all the strange looks from the neighbours, while I was dragging the big green bin around the neighbourhood. you'd think i was hauling body parts around or something. I'm sure one of the old farts has tried to dob me in to the police, neighbourhood watch, Today Tonight and ASIO. Yeah they're pretty alert, alarmed and senile in my part of the woods.
I'm starting to think that this wheelie bin thing can catch on. like its a great way to intensify your workout, you don't have to pay for expensive designer weights, everyone has a wheelie bin.A wheelie bin is much better behaved than a dog and you don't have to pick up after it. Its also the perfect way to discard any unwanted evidence(dead bodies, tax evasion documents, old boy band posters) by swapping your bin with someone else's. Just keep mum when ASIO comes and drags away your neighbours.

2 comments:

Steph said...

lol you nut! You're lucky you weren't arrested and thrown into a padded cell.

yurl said...

i know. I'm sure my neighbours have neighbourhood watch files on me. strange asian guy, walks his bin.