Sunday, May 27, 2007

Monaco Grand Prix *yawn*

I stayed up to watch the Monaco GP last night and couldn't will myself to stay up until the finish. I found myself wondering why I was up so late watching this rubbish. I used to like watching formula one but the last 3 years have been awful. Monaco being the most boring race of all. Aside from the usual glamour and beautiful people that they don't bother to show on the telecast anyway, there's not much to get excited about. Despite the hype, the Monaco GP is the least viewer friendly race. seriously it's like going to the dentist (ironically I was at the dentist on saturday). Traditionally, Monaco is the hardest circuit to pass on. Add to that the stupid aero-dynamics rules put in place 3 years ago that have made the cars less stable and now unable to take advantage of slip streams to overpass, the only excitement is the pole position qualifying. The only way drivers can pass others is in the pits after that or pray for accidents and mechanical failures.
Although I can admire the skill involved with pit stops, it's not exciting enough to be the main event.

Sunday was also the golf tournament for my esteemed alumni association. It was a shocking day for golf (showers and strong sea breeze). The course was definitely not one for the inaccurate, exposed, tight links course with no barriers to protect the public. Our team was lucky not to attract a law suit, endangering the lives of the public several times by spraying balls onto busy public roads and footpaths. I didn't win my trophy back but as the only member of the original team to show up (Kublai, thanks for piking!) it was tough going with the newbies. At least I've got 2 new *Company Name Withheld* range rocks to sacrifice to the quarry at Joondalup.

No comments: