Friday, June 29, 2007

its the food

We keep going to a particular vietnamese restaurant, despite all the crap they've done we still keep going back because the food is really good. The service there is really bad, half the time they get your order wrong (the waitstaff can barely speak english). The toilets are filthy, you sometimes have to clean your own table... However by far the biggest wrong they've inflicted on us is on of their waitresses stole a $600 pair of sunglasses from my sister which I gave her for her birthday. my sister was dumb enough to go to the toilets and leave them on the table. I have no idea why a bunch of girls would want to hang around in those toilets (and why must you girls always go to the toilet together?)
The thing is we keep going back despite all this. I was pondering this while having dinner there on Thursday night, over a steaming hot bowl of noodles that I didn't order (but they were good). Am I a sucker for punishment? should I move to Melbourne so I don't have to put up with these b******s?



(image from Sports Illustrated si.com)


Anyway a big cheer for Joakim Noah (see pic above). Not for being drafted 9th in the recent NBA draft, but for having the courage to turn up wearing this outfit. Being prone to crimes against fashion myself, its refreshing to see a young man who arrives for the most important event in his career to date, looking like he's interviewing for Cirque du Soleil. Extra kudos to young Joakim for being French. Bravo! Bravo!

2 comments:

Steph said...

I couldn't eat in a place that had filthy toilets. It makes you wonder that if they let the customers SEE that, what are the areas where customers can't go, like. EG the kitchen.

Ewwwwwwwww!

yurl said...

spending part of my life in the third world, you get desensitised to dirty toilets and restaurants. weird thing is, there's a connection between dirty restaurants and tasty food. unfortunately there's also a connection of gastro and dirty restaurants too.